In our blog last two weeks ago we told you the Do’s and Don’t’s of choosing your Wedding Officiant, this week we wanted to give you 12 questions that you should ask your officiant before you decide to hire them:
1. Is the officiant available on your wedding date?
2. If you don’t have a site, can the officiant suggest one or provide a courthouse or meeting room?
3. Can the officiant travel to your chosen wedding site?
4. How long has the officiant been performing weddings?
5. Why does the officiant perform weddings?
6. Does the officiant charge a standard fee?
7. Does the officiant have sample wording or ceremonies or readings to show you?
8. Will the officiant allow you to play an active role in the planning of your ceremony?
9. Can you include some religious aspects if you choose to?
10. Is the officiant available for the ceremony rehearsal?
11. Does the officiant make you comfortable
12. Does the officiant seem genuinely interested in you as a couple?
These 12 questions will help guide you as you work through trying to plan your ceremony and ensure that you have the right officiant for you as a couple.
Until Next Time, Happy Planning