You are in the final day before your wedding and you have so many things on the go that I wanted to give couples a list of things to get done before your wedding. This will alleviate your stress level and allow you to enjoy your special day.
1. Ensure all of your work is done before you leave for your wedding – you don’t want to be thinking about things you didn’t finish on your wedding day.
2. Make sure all of your wedding paperwork is in order (marriage license, name change form) and any other local requirements for where you are getting married. Check 14 days before your wedding to ensure that you have everything in order.
3. Figure Out Your Finances – ensure you and your spouse know whether you will have a joint account and what percentage of each of your salaries will go into this account and what the money will be spent on.
4. Discuss Living Arrangements – know where you will be staying before the wedding and ensure that you are all moved into your new living space so that you aren’t stressed about a move after your wedding.
5. Be Accessible After The Send Off – especially if you have family or friends who have travelled a great distance for your wedding. Since you will be trying to meet and chat with all of your guests, it is a good idea to have a small get together for those guests. They may have questions for you about the city they are visiting or the wedding itself.
6. Be Considerate of Your Guests – as much as the day is all about you and your wedding; always keep in mind that they are there to celebrate with you on your special day. Keep in mind any special considerations of what they may need. Eg. Dietary, allergies or special needs.
7. Manage Your Mail – make arrangements for someone to collect and keep your mail while you are on your honeymoon. Leaving your mail in the box may be a signal that you are away and leave you susceptible to robbery.
Until next time,
Talen Events, your vision, your experience.