You have spent that last few months planning your event. You have your invited guest list, but you now need to gain publicity for this event and you want to make sure you do it correctly.
Here are 7 tips that you should keep in mind before you get the word out there:
1. Create a team of people who will tackle getting the word out to the public; delegate someone to work with newspapers, social media, online, radio and external media companies.
2. Ensure that your team members have the necessary skills to create and manage publicity of the event.
3. Keep your copy for any direct marketing piece or ad simple; try not to make the copy difficult to consume.
4. Ensure that the event information pack is clear, concise and minimal. You can use this opportunity to show the theme or creative flair for the event.
5. Remember to include contact information, so that if there are any questions you can be reached.
6. Ensure that your press releases are up to date and relevant, out of date information will work against your event.
7. Be truthful and tell the entire story of the event, make sure you cover the who, what, where, when and why; so that when you are fielding questions from the media you have your bases covered.
Until next time,
Your Visions, Your Experience