The question to have entertainment or not is always a question that event planners have to deal with when planning a conference. There is a school of thought that when at a conference you should only have one goal in mind and you must ensure that you achieve, while others believe that without a little bit of fun your delegates rentention of the information provided at the conference will be less.
Put yourself in the delegate’s shoes. They have been at a conference for the last few days, they have been talked at; talked too and now they are all talked out. All they want is a little bit of fun to close out the event.
So here are a few tips of how you keep your event entertainment fresh and exciting:
1. Make the entertainment sophisticated; perhaps you have a small musical quartet playing when the event begins.
2. Audience participation: Having a group come in and get the crowd going is always a good way to have delegates let loose a little bit.
3. Add a little spice to the event by hiring a dance groupe to perform, it can be Latin, Hip-Hop or Ballroom. Who knows, maybe even some of your delegates might get up and try.
4. Music: Hire a professional DJ that will play up tempo, upbeat music that will get the delegates going and having some fun.
5. Pick something trendy: magician, a tattoo artist or comedian. The sky is the limit. But keep your budget in mind.
Until next time,
Your Vision, Your Experience.