So you’ve decided on an Event Architect, and you know what to expect from them. Now it’s time for your interview and you need to know what to ASK your Event Architect.
Questions for your Event Architect:
1. Why did you become an Event Architect?
2. Tell me about the most challenging event you had to plan and how you dealt with those challenges.
3. Please rate your problem solving skills
4. Please rate your communication skills
5. Are you a certified Event Architect? If so where where you certified? What is your educational background?
6. How long have you been in business? Do you have a business licence?
7. How many full-scale events have you planned? When was the last one you planned?
8. How many clients do you take in a year? How many do you expect to have during the month of our event?
9. Is Event Planning your full-time job? If it’s a part-time job what is your other job?
10. Do you currently have our event date available? Do you anticipate any issues with the date in terms of weather, travel, difficulty booking a venue?
Questions to ask yourself after your meeting:
1. Did you feel comfortable with them?
2. Were they friendly?
3. Did you feel they understand your event vision?
4. Did you feel that you were heard?
5. Did you feel that the architect will work within your budget?
Ultimately it is very important that you listen to how you feel after the meeting. If you don’t feel comfortable with them then don’t hire them. The Event Architect is the person you will be spending the most time with; therefore you need to ensure that you are feeling comfortable with them.
Want to know more about how to choose an Event Architect? Read the other two parts of our Event Architect Series.
Until next time, happy planning!